Bumpdate: 25 Weeks

By Ivy Van Dusen - 2/19/2017



A few weeks ago at my 20-week ultrasound, the tech said that my doctor would most likely move up my due date to June 5th. So, if that's the case, I am about 25 weeks along. I always hear that first babies have a tendency to be late though so I am not sure if I should count on it, but what the heck. Let's just say 25 weeks. 


How Far Along: 25 weeks (almost to the third trimester!)

Baby is the size of: a cauliflower 

Total weight gain: 25 lbs

Symptoms: Peeing constantly, super itchy tummy, heartburn, extra emotional. 

Also, back pain! Yay! My back reaaaallly starts to hurt whenever I'm sitting for too long, which makes work and school extra fun (it's hurting right now as a matter of fact). I have to get up and move every once in a while or I will be in serious pain. In just the past 2 or 3 nights I have noticed it hurting even when I am lying down sleeping. Experienced mamas- do you recommend pregnancy pillows? Are they all they they're cracked up to be??

Cravings: fluffy desserts like cupcakes or muffins. YUM YUM YUM  

Struggles: I am starting to feel like a giant whale lately!!!! I seriously feel the weight gain EVERYWHERE. My doctor said to gain 20-30 lbs so I feel a little guilty that I am already there and still have 15 weeks to go :/ I am so so so happy and grateful to be pregnant, but nobody ever told me how much your self-esteem drops when you are pregnant! I am gassy, bloated and covered in stretch marks. Sometimes I look in the mirror and I am like, "who the heck is that?!" But I have to remember that there is a person growing inside of me and that it is okay to be a little extra "fluffy" for a bit. Plus, I need to keep in mind that everyone's bodies are different and carry babies differently. Just because I don't look like the tiny pregnant yogi lady/bikini model/celebrity on instagram doesn't mean anything is wrong with me...we are just all different!

Exercising: Yoga continues to be AWESOME for me. Not only awesome for my body but for my mind as well! I try to go twice a week and then walk/run on the other days. 



Discoveries: How fun it is to buy baby clothes. As soon as we found out it was a boy I started buying stuff. It is just too fun! PLUS it is super cheap so it is easy to justify buying new outfits every week. Totally going to do a post talking about where I have found the best/most affordable clothes because I have found some good stuff :) Kody was super excited about some little Anaheim Angels booties I bought. AND LOOK AT THAT LITTLE SWIMSUIT! It is so cute and tiny!

Looking Forward To: my baby shower in Arizona next month! :)

xo

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 sweet note{s}