My Ultimate Summer Smoothie

By Ivy - 3/29/2016

Everyone always talks about how important it is to eat healthy, and they are right. It is very important! However, sometimes it can be so hard to get all your fruits and veggies in. Smoothies are an awesome way to do this.
Now that we are getting a little bit closer to summer, it's the perfect time to start making some yummy fruit smoothies! I am always on the lookout for some new recipes. Today I am going to share one of my favorite smoothies! I love it because it incorporates every color of the rainbow! As they say, the more colorful your food is, the better it is for you. 


I am going to be honest here- I am not a fan of greens. I think spinach is boring and I think kale tastes so gross! However, when you sneak them into a blender of other amazing things, the taste gets camouflaged and you don't even notice they're there! 






Things you'll need:
-1/4 c. liquid (I use almond milk, but you can use anything you'd like)
-2 TBSP of yogurt of your choice
-1/4 c. mangos
-1/2 c. pineapples
-1/2 fresh banana
-a handful of greens (either kale or spinach)
-handful of blueberries

Tips:
-You can put the ingredients into the blender in any order, just make sure the liquid is first
-The more frozen fruit you use, the better the texture of the smoothie will be. If you are only using fruit that isn't frozen, be sure and add in some ice.
-Don't be afraid to pile in the greens! They do not change the taste very much, so the more the better.

Happy smoothie-making!
xo

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 sweet note{s}