Favorite Skin Care

By Ivy - 3/04/2016

When we were in California for Christmas, I went with my cute mother-in-law and sister-in-laws to a spa and got a facial. It was amazing and I loved it so much. At the end, the esthetician doing my facial asked me about my skincare regimen and if I used eye cream/anti-aging stuff. Uh, what? 
I wash my face everyday, sometimes use a moisturizer and that's it! I mean, I'm 20 years-old and although I don't necessarily feel like I have the best skin, I don't have wrinkles and so I figured I didn't need to do all of the fancy face stuff for like 20 more years, right? She talked to me about it and said that it's important to take care of your skin now and that even though you might not notice any differences now, it's important for later. Maybe she was just trying to sell me stuff, but it got me thinking more about skincare stuff, and now I am like super into it! I love looking for stuff online and reading reviews and stuff. Today I am sharing my skincare regimen and favorite face products :)

 Also, it's important to notice that you shouldn't have to spend a ton of money to take care of your skin. I have seen eye creams that can get up to $400! If I'm spending that much money, my skin should become ageless, and that won't happen, so it's definitely not worth it. Here are some of my favorite things, many of which you can get from the drugstore or online for cheap :)


 Step 1- Clarisonic + CeraVe
My mother-in-law gave me a Clarisonic Pro awhile back, and I have been super obsessed with it ever since. It cleans like 10x better than regular washing and keeps my skin so clear! I am not sure how often you're supposed to use it, but I use mine once a day, usually at night before bed (in the morning I wash my face but don't use it).
When I got the Clarisonic, I went on a hunt for the best facewash to go with it. However, I didn't want to spend $45 on a bottle of fancy Clarisonic wash, because I go through it so fast! I heard good things about CeraVe and decided to try it. I love it! It is oil-free so it washes your face without drying it. PLUS it is at CVS and is cheap :)

Step 2- Mask
I don't use masks everyday...probably only 3-4 times a week as a matter of fact. My favorite masks are the Nuskin Glacial Mud Mask and their Creamy Hydrating one. 

Valentina sent me this cute little bottle of their Hydrating Serum and although I've only used it for two days, I love it. Back when I worked at the spa in California, we sold this stuff that was a hydrating spray for your face and I was always obsessed with the smell. I was so excited when I first used this stuff and it smelled just the same! I don't know if it's just me but I am obsessed with anything rose, and this serum is no exception. I use it right after I wash and dry my face and right before I moisturize.



I just recently started using this stuff, and I already really love it. I don't have wrinkles quite yet, but I do have little dark circles around my eyes, and after using this stuff for a few weeks now, they are starting to disappear. I got this product for free and I didn't really think it would be anything special, but I actually really do love it! It feels cool and soothing and you can just tell it is good for that thin, delicate skin around your eyes. I use it when I use moisturizer :) 


Step 5- Moisturize! 
After washing your face, moisturizing is the most important thing you can do with your face. I love using NuSkin Facial Moisturizer or Olay Night Cream. They are both reasonably priced, go a long way and smell and feel awesome.

So there ya have it! Like I said, I am still a bit of a newbie when it comes to skincare, but already think it is so important. Eventually I want to look more into toners and other types of moisturizers, so if you have any suggestions, let me know!


*big thanks to BrandBacker, Valentina and Oz Naturals and for sponsoring this post!
xo

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 sweet note{s}