Proverbs 31

By Ivy - 10/16/2013

This photo has absolutely nothing to do with the post. But it is fall. So hey. 

The thirty-first chapter of Proverbs has always been one of my very favorites. 
Whether you are religious or not, this is something that you should read over and over again throughout your entire life. It is not too often that you find an entire chapter of scripture solely about women (from verse 10 and on at least)
Whenever I am trying to figure out what I need to do, what I want to accomplish and who I need to be in  life, my thoughts turn to the woman described in this beautiful chapter. 
She is virtuous.
She settles for nothing less than marrying a righteous man. 
She is smart and independent but willingly supports her husband and has his full trust. 
She knows how to work hard to accomplish the things she needs to.
She reaches out to the poor and the needy and "is not afraid" because she is well prepared. 
She speaks kindness, and teaches her children to live a righteous life and to be hard workers.

When I read this chapter my mind goes to women such as my own mother, my grandmothers, aunts, and other honorable women I know, all of whom I look up to, and try to be like. 
Sometimes I wonder how I can ever be like these women...they seem to be almost perfect! 
But today, the world is in desperate need of women like the one in this chapter (my mind also goes to this lovely quote).
Women who are virtuous and pure. 
It needs women who can be faithful and loving spouses. Who support their husbands, build them up, and have their backs no matter what. 
It needs strong righteous mothers who can make a home and teach and love their children. 
It needs women who know how to work hard and contribute to society. 
It needs women who love and serve those around them. 
Look at the world around you. In our world, the woman in Proverbs 31 is very rare. She is not on the cover of magazines. She is not well-known or celebrated. She isn't admired on TV or on the internet, or anywhere really. But she is oh so important. 
If more women were like the woman described in this chapter, the world would be a much different place. Could you even imagine how drastic that difference would be? 
Anyways.
Life has been a little bit crazy this week, finishing up midterms and writing papers like crazy, so I haven't had a whole ton of time to blog. But I was really feelin' this post.
Happy hump day!
xo

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 sweet note{s}