Grateful

By Ivy - 9/08/2016


Since I was a little girl I have had a heart murmur. It is not a bad one and has never caused me any problems, but every few years I go to the doctor and get it checked out. Today I went and got some tests done, including a blood test. I then went to work and continued with my day. A few hours later my doctor called and told me the tests all came back normal and that everything looked good. I kind of stopped for a moment and thought about what a huge blessing that "simple" thing was. I mean, how wondeful is that?! Normally I'd probably not think twice about it and move on with everything but I don't know...today I just felt like it would be ungrateful of me not to thank my Heavnly Father or express my gratitude for eveything in my life.

School is super difficult this semester. Work is taking up so much time. Paying bills/tuition/groceries/everyting else is so stinking stressful. There are lots of things to complain and worry about but the truth is that I am alive and I have a husband and family and a Savior. When I have those things, is there really anything to complain about? Does anything else even matter?

We may not know what the future holds, but we can be grateful and happy about what we have today

Here are some more "little" things I am especially grateful for today:
-modern medicine
-a sweet husband who rubs my feet
-Bob Ross on Netflix (at first I watched it as a joke but it has become one of my favorite things to watch believe it or not!)
-diet dr. pepper
-my missionary brother and the things he is doing
-our little, old (but cute), Provo apartment
-the sweetest Visiting Teachers ever
-the fact that Christmas is only a few short months away

Sorry for the cheesiness but I just had to :)
Happy (almost) FRIDAY!
xo

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 sweet note{s}