"He's not here, he is Risen"

By Ivy - 3/31/2013

French Press Mornings: Encouraging Easter Print ... Why do you look for the living among the dead?  He is not here, He Has Risen!  Luke 24:5-6

Jesus risen from the dead is what Easter is all about!

Sometimes while I'm at home I flip on the news and see what's going on around the world. 
After just watching it for about 30 minutes, I hear stories of horrible, unfair and sad. things, 
If you are anything like me, after doing that, you tend to think, "This world is just ridiculous."
There is so much pain, sickness, injustice, death, heartache, loneliness, and fear. 
But whenever I feel that way, I am reminded that Jesus Christ was able to come, and go through it all
It is not easy to wrap my head around the atonement and even the Resurrection. 
His mission on Earth was so grand and eternally important that I'm not sure a person like me will ever be able to fully comprehend it, but I do know that Jesus loves each and every one of us so unbelievably much that he was willing to take on this world head-on. 
He overcame everything that this world could ever have to offer.
He felt our individual sadness, pain and loneliness. 
He even had supreme victory over the most difficult and seemingly inevitable bond - death. 
Because of him, I am never alone.
Because of him, I know that death is not the end. 
Because of him, I know that I can overcome the trials and temptations in my life-because he is right there.
Because of him, all injustice, sadness and loneliness is made up. 
Because of him, I can do anything I want to do.
I am so grateful for a loving Savior, who conquered this world alone, so that we don't have to.



 Have a happy, happy Easter!
xo

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 sweet note{s}