Inventory

By Ivy - 10/03/2016


When we first got married, Kody and I lived in California for a few months and worked at his family's resort to earn some money before heading back up to Utah for school. I worked as a receptionist for the spa there and one of my jobs was to take inventory of all of the products that were for sale. Every couple of weeks I would print off a long list of everything they sold at the store in the salon (clothing, soap, lotions, candles, etc) and would count all of it. It took a long time, but it was important so that we would know what things we needed to order more of , which things to order less of, and which things we completely needed to get rid of because they weren't selling at all.

This past weekend was General Conference weekend (a semi-annual LDS church event where we watch the church leaders speak on TV. This means I can get spiritually uplifted + stay home +wear pajamas + eat food all at the same time. It is a beautiful thing). I really needed the sweet reminders to be better, serve more, work harder, pray harder and be happier. It is around this time twice a year that I try to take a step back, look at my life and ask myself some questions. Am I progressing in my schoolwork, my relationships and my spirituality? Am I diligent in communicating daily and sincerely with my Heavenly Father? Am I happy? Do I make others feel happy? Do I waste too much time? And so on...

Obviously a lot of these questions are pretty personal, so I am not going to go super in-depth about everything I want to change/do better/stop doing, but I just wanted to say that it is so wonderful  and so important to take a step back and look at the inventory of your life. Which items in your "store" do you need more of? Which things do you have enough of? And, which things should you be getting rid of all together? It really doesn't take too long, and I recommend writing it all down somewhere, whether it be a journal, a blog or even a phone. If you do this every now and then, I promise you'll see some amazing results in your life.

Have a happy Monday!

xo

p.s. on a totally unrelated note, it is freezing outside and thus is officially BOOT SEASON! :)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 sweet note{s}