Family

By Ivy Van Dusen - 1/08/2017

We spent the last three weeks in Arizona, and I couldn't have enjoyed it more.

As I said over and over, last semester was the HARDEST semester I have ever gone through. School was tough, work was long and I had bad morning sickness for about 90% of it. The biggest thing that kept me going the whole time was reminding myself that once I got through it, I would be soaking up the Arizona sun with all of my favorite people in the same place.





My parents live in what I think is the prettiest part of the Valley and are surrounded by desert. We had so much fun riding quads, staying up late playing games, going out to eat, hiking, and just enjoying each others' company.

I also just have to say how much I love, love, LOVE how well my dad, brothers and husband all get along. I think my dad and Kody went golfing at least 5 times while we were there, football was constantly being talked about/watched and everyone got everyone elses jokes. I couldn't have found a guy that gets along better with my family than Kody does.



One of the hardest things about living 700+ miles away from home is how much I miss my mom. We spent SO much time talking and talking over the last 25ish days and yet I still feel like there is so much I want to tell her! She is my best friend and I can't wait until I can live a little closer to her.

Now we are back in below-freezing, slushy, snowy weather and I am trying my hardest to get back into the swing of everything here. Wish me lots and lots of luck because I'm going to need it!

xo

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 sweet note{s}